We help organizations in Bringing Improvement in their activities by IMPLEMETING suitable Management Systems. The approach in each case is briefly stated below:
Occupational Health and Safety Management System:
The Steps Involved are elaborated below:
- Get Current Standards and understand it.
- Define the OH & Safety Policy – If desired, you may combine this with Quality, Environmental Policy and have an Integrated Policy for Integrated Management System,
- Determine Objectives related to Quality, Environmental & Safety issues: Objectives should be SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound,
- Identify Activities done, determine Quality requirements for Product & Services, Environmental Aspects and Impacts; Rate the Impacts with a suitable Scale,
- Decide Significant Impacts & prepare Environmental Management Programs,
- Identify Activities done and planned for future. Determine Occupational Health and Safety Issues Involved; Rate the Hazards with a suitable Scale,
- Decide the Significant Hazards and prepare Risk Mitigation Programs,
- Determine Applicable Legal and other requirements. Prepare plan for Compliance,
- Define Responsibility & Authority to ensure achieving planned results,
- Determine and Implement channels of Internal & External Communication for effective working,
- Decide resources needed and the ways to provide them,
- Have Consultation with Workers and Ensure their participation. Make all the persons ‘AWARE’ about the Policy and Systems.
- List out Competence requirement for various positions, determine gaps if any, decide ways to meet them, implement actions and check effectiveness,
- Define system for Monitoring, Measurement & Maintenance. Implement it,
- Prepare Emergency Preparedness Plan and implement it;
- Establish various Procedures and follow them. Record key details,
- Monitor Accidents, Incidences. Identify ‘Lessons Learnt’, Involve everybody,
- Get your Auditor TRAINED for Internal Auditing. Periodically Conduct Internal Audits, Analyze the Results, take Corrective & Preventive actions,
- Conduct Periodic Management Reviews for evaluation of the System Working and bring-in Improvements,
- Go for Certification Audit, Clear NCs (Nonconformances) if any, get Certificate, Celebrate and Continue Improving.